- Friday, March 26 (In McConnell Hall)
- 6:45-9:00pm, Registration in McConnell Hall Foyer
- 7:30 p.m. Carol Christ, President of Smith College: Opening remarks in McConnell 103
- Herbert S. Wilf: An Introduction To, and Some Recent Developments In, Computerized Summation
- 8:30 p.m. Opening Reception in McConnell Hall Foyer
- Saturday, March 27 (All Saturday talks are in McConnell 103)
- 9:15-10:00am Registraton and Light Breakfast in McConnell Foyer (Breakfast is free to all registered participants)
- 10 a.m. Debra L. Boutin: Vertex Identifying Sets
- 11 a.m. Michael E. Young: Excessive Factorizations Results
- 12:00pm Lunch and Registration in McConnell Foyer (Lunch is free to all registered participants)
- 1:30 p.m. Ann N. Trenk: The Total Linear Discrepancy of a Poset
- 2:30 p.m. Erika L.C. King: Searching for Girth Four Well-Covered Graphs
- 3:30-4:00pm Coffee and Registration in McConnell Foyer
- 4 p.m. Douglas B. West: Some Old and New Results on Degree Lists of Graphs
- 6:30 p.m. Conference Banquet (Faculty Center College Club)
- (after dinner) David M. Berman: The Albertson Story: The Prequel
- Individual reminiscences of Michael Albertson and his mathematics
- Sunday, March 28 (All Sunday talks are in McConnell 103)
- 9:00-9:30am Light Breakfast in McConnell Foyer (free to all registered participants)
- 9:30 a.m. Karen L. Collins: Distinguishing Numbers and Wreaths: A Dream of Color is a Pigment of Imagination
- 10:30 a.m. Xuding Zhu: Thue Choice Numbers of Graphs
- 11:30 a.m. Ellen Gethner: To the Moon and Beyond
Directions and Parking
Driving Directions to Smith College are on this
page; Campus Maps that show McConnell Hall are on this
page. And here is a one-page downloadable map of the Smith College campus.
For those who are flying, we reccommend BDL Hartford Airport and either using the Valley Transporter or renting a car.
Parking is free on weekends in all Smith parking
lots, in white lined spaces that do not have meters or are otherwise not
marked. There are limited spots off of College Lane and at the end of Green
Street in front of Sage Hall. The closest large parking lot to McConnell
Hall is on Green Street, across from Ford Hall (see
Within walking distance of campus:
For the two hotels above, please reference the Mike Albertson Conference when making your reservation to ensure that you receive the group rate. All Reservations must be made by 2/23/10 to be included in the group rate. Prices quoted do not include tax.
Also in Northampton:
Additional area accommodation information is available
at this page.
Please contact Ruth Haas, firstname.lastname@example.org, if you need Day Care during the conference.
Northampton and the surrounding towns have dozens
of restaurants and bars: here are a few.