Assistant Professor of Mathematics
Burton Hall 314
Email: jtymoczko AT smith dot edu
Publications and preprints
Disclaimer: The arXived version of each paper is not necessarily the final version; it may have more typos than the published paper.
- Schubert polynomials and classes of Hessenberg varieties, with Dave Anderson. Available at arXiv:0710.3182.
- A sharp diameter bound for unipotent groups of classical type over Z/pZ, with Jordan Ellenberg. Available at arXiv:math/0510506.
- Divided difference operators for partial flag varieties.
- Permutation actions on equivariant cohomology, to appear in the Toric Topology volume of Contemporary Mathematics (Proceedings of the conference at Osaka City University, Japan). Available at arXiv:0706.0460.
- Permutation representations on Schubert varieties, to appear in the American Journal of Mathematics. Available at arXiv:math/0604578.
- Hessenberg varieties are not pure dimensional, Journal of Pure and Applied Mathematics Quarterly 2 (2006), 779-794. Special issue dedicated to Robert MacPherson's 60th birthday. Available at arXiv:math/0601681.
- An introduction to equivariant cohomology and homology, following Goresky, Kottwitz, and MacPherson, an expository paper presented at the 2004 Snowbird conference for young algebraic geometers and published in Snowbird lectures in algebraic geometry, 169-188, Contemp. Math. 388, Amer. Math. Soc., Providence, RI, 2005. Available at arXiv:math/0503369.
- Paving Hessenberg varieties by affines, Selecta Mathematica (N.S.), 13 (2007), 353-367. Available at arXiv:math/0409118.
- Linear conditions imposed on flag varieties, American Journal of Mathematics 128 (2006), 1587-1604. Available at arXiv:math/0406541.
- Exponents for B-stable ideals, with Eric Sommers, Transactions of the American Mathematical Society 358 (2006), 3493-3509. Available at arXiv:math/0406047.
- Distinguishing numbers for graphs and groups, Electronic Journal of Combinatorics 11 (1) 2004, #R63. Available at arXiv:math/0406542.
- Decomposing Hessenberg varieties over classical groups, Ph. D. thesis. Available at arXiv:math/0211226.